Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"I am Spartacus!"

We started Spartacus today and will finish it by Friday, with some interruptions along the way.  Some of you will miss a day due to the PLAN test.  I hope you were focusing on my bits about the "Blacklist" during the Red Scare of the 1950's in the USA and the lack of technological development in societies dependent upon slave labor.  There is much more to this movie than what you see and hear.  I mentioned this to one class - when you become more mature and culturally aware, your brains will start to revert to its pre-adolescent stage when you had questions and soaked up knowledge.  Some movies (and books, and music, and plays, etc.) have more to them than, "I like when truck go boom."  Think about what you see, hear, and make connections to what you know.  Ciao...

No comments:

Post a Comment