Friday, January 7, 2011

Religions of the World: Islam

We watched a short video about Islam today - kind of a review of my lecture the other day.  After watching it, I asked you to answer the following questions:
  1. What are some of the reasons that Islam is misunderstood by many people?
  2. What are some of the contributions that Islamic culture has made to the West?
  3. What was one result of the colonization of the Islamic world by European powers?
  4. What functions do mosques serve besides being centers of worship?
  5. From what you have just seen, why do you think that Islam is growing so rapidly?
After the video, I asked you to put your castle up on the hallway wall (if it was a picture). 

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of castles, but disappointed in the number of students who did not do one.  The lowest grade was a C and it took that student 30 minutes.

You have a test on Islam next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment