Monday, October 11, 2010

Digging Deeper

So, I assigned you some Ancient India stuff and asked two ROMOTHINK questions today:
  • Would you rather be a slave or a slave owner?
    • This is based on ethics and personality.  There is no right or wrong answer.  Just a reasoned response.
  • Is it fair to judge past indiscretions using present standards?
    • I love this one because it is so complex.  We can never truly separate our beliefs when judging anything or anyone.  But we can always dig deeper to try and come to terms with WHY something happened and consider what the situation was like.
The purpose of today's lesson is to get you to think.  Do not simply respond to the question with an immediate answer.  THINK!  REASON!  Then answer.  Is it OK to kill?  You have been taught "NO" since you were little, but as you grew up, you may have learned that there are times when it is acceptable - even legal.

I also introduced Hinduism.   You picked up a handout for India.  I ask that you READ Chapter 8 as homework.  When you come to class tomorrow, you'll read the Cartoon History chapter for India and answer the 13 questions on the handout.  Then you'll compare the two sources on Thursday.  We may have a test on Friday (probably next Tuesday).

1 comment:

  1. I noticed something. I found out that this assignment is missing on the portal. But I really do remember doing this and turning it into you. I looked around my bag and couldn't find it. Any nameless ones? I looked around my bag and couldn't find it.

    ReplyDelete